Friday 1 October 2010

Switzerland

So, I've been in Switzerland for 2 months...

I was invited over by the lovely Anna Jones, who designed Kapsar Hauser at the academy last year. My stay was only suppose to be for 1 month but I in the end I stayed for 2, as there was shitloads of work to do, plus I was having an awesome time!
I was based in the French part Neuchatel, mais ma francaise n'est pas si bon! Its a really lovely part of the country that has its own lake, and amazing view of the alps!

the view from my terrace...

paper spider making masterclass...

We went to an amazing chalet for Anna's birthday too. Mountians, wine and fondue- what more do you need?


During the summer in Switzerland they run lots of different festivals. The first week I was I saw a street theatre festival called La plage de six pompes in La Chaux-de Fonds, quite near Neuchatel. We saw a crazy couple that did a performance in a caravan and who swallowed several object only to bring them back up again- delightful....

There was also a few acrobatic type performances, one that was a little like a trapeze with a couple fliping around in the air wearing 70s style disco costumes. Then there was a performance on a circular stage, where they used sound, dance and acrobatics that all seemed to based on this ciculat theme. They also had a guy perfoming with a cyr wheel- always a winner!


There was also the Buskers festival which was actully in Neuchatel itself, I saw this awesome band, Gadjo, from Barcelona play. Much dancing to be done when they are around! http://www.gadjomusica.com/

No comments: