Monday 2 April 2012

Making the most of your junk...

I was given this Rosco apron when I was in New York last year and met one of their representatives.
Now, an apron is really no use to me while I'm painting, as my most of my clothes are already covered in paint anyway! It seemed a little too good to throw away though, so I decided to turn it into a handy little bag for my brushes instead!
I usually keep my brushes in my tool bag, but I found they kept getting squashed my my hammer, and other bits of kit and I was worried I was actually beginning to ruin the bristles.

I started by turning the apron outside-in to make the actual bag shape. I wanted to keep the pockets, as I reckoned they would be pretty handy for putting the brushes in to seperate them.

However this meant to Rosco sign was the wrong way so once I had stitched the bag part together, I cut off the top part with the logo and turn it round to make a sort of cover.
I kept the bits you tie round your waist and have used them as straps so I can sling it over my should and carry it around.Its a little rough as I don't have a sewing machine at the moment so some of the edges are little more raw than I'd like them to be. However I think it is a big improvment to stuffing them into my tool bag!

No comments: