Thursday 7 July 2011

A wee Highland fling....

I went up north to Lochinver for a wee weeks holiday to visit some family friends. Its a little seaside village and takes about 6 hours to drive from Glasgow. Very remote but lovely scenery. I'm afraid this post is a bit of a picture bomb.


The dugs not too sure where they were going.....
THE BEACH!!!!




We went a walk upto to Stoer Lighthouse, and on route got caught in traffic (sheep traffic that is....)





WATCH OUT FOR TOADS (apparently...)


So my dad is really big on hillwalking and he likes to go up north as thats where all the mountains are. As there not much else to do around there, I decided to join him on a climb. So heres my first mountain experience....

The view from far away...


Thats our intended destination...


The view from the bottom (which we had to walk about an hour and a half to get to!)


On the ridge...


The view from the top!!!!!

I MADE IT!

Unfortunately it was sooooo windy at the tops that as soon as we got there, we had to come back down again, grasping onto any rock we saw as we descended!


We went out for dinner, and my mum had langustines (?). Although I'm vegetarian, I couldn't help but play with them!


A good week and a nice wee bit of relaxing time off. But now, back to the job hunt.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous pictures missus! Had a wee giggle at the dogs looking all confused, and of you clinging to the top of the mountain! :p The weather looks like it was amazing, cant believe how lush the beach and that water looks from high up! Wouldnt have thought it was scotland for a second xx