Saturday 13 October 2012

Cirque Monti.....

It was Elle's last weekend and the circus just happened to be in town. Unfortuately, we'd had a random night of wine and food at the museum the night before as a leaving party and I was definietely feeling the after effect! However I managed to drag myself out of bed and make it to Bern- and I'm very glad I did!
 Circus Monti was founded in 1984 and still tours each year around Switzerland. Although the show was in Swiss German we had no problem following what was happening and the clowns stories still came across.
 There was ALOT of aerial in this circus- wwhich of course made me happy. (And also made me miss- not long til I'm back though!)
I don't think I've ever seen a doubles act on rope before so this was great. I loved that both women were as strong as each other so there wasn't that clear line of base and flyer it felt like the worked really well togther.
I think it was also my first time in a traditional circus tent too, not as bizarre as I always though it would be. The atmosphere was really nice and it was great to have the live band there too!
Loved it!

No comments: