Friday 11 May 2012

Glamsterdam...

Yes, its that time of year again for our aerial groups annual Boot Camp. Usually we go camping somehwere in Scotland for a long weekend of acrobatics, but this year we got to go over to Amsterdam!!! We collaborated with the Movement Academy over there doing aerial workshops, yoga, massage and our perfomance group did a show on the Saturday night.
The space we were training in was a lot smaller than we were use to but, it was nice to have a everyone in the same room so you could see what each group was working on. Boot camp is a great change to learn new trick and work on equipment you dont usually get the chance to in normal classes. I learnt some cool new moves on the silks, hoop and got to do some more doubles trapeze.

 I perfomed on the hammock (or aerial sling) again for this show. I chose Nina Simone's Blues for Mama for my routine, which is a bit slower than other music I perfomed to. I usually get pretty nervous performing but the show was quite intimate this time and I felt a bit more relaxed. Maybe the music had that effect on me?
 The rest of the performers. The venue we were in was covered in graffitti so there were lots of photo opporunities...
             


It was a really brilliant weekend with my friends, the people over there were lovely and really keen to learn so hopefully we'll be able to collaborate again.....

No comments: